Thursday, 3 March 2011

Microcosmos


This is filmed in high definition and magnified. It shows a world of insects and plants in detail that we cannot see with our naked eye. Amongst it all there is a fly being eaten by a carnivorous plant, a battle between a lady bird and an ant and a fight for territory between two stag beetles.
I always skim past nature documentarys thinking "yeah I bet thats interesting but not for now" but when I'm not at the control and someone puts one on I usually enjoy it thoroughly.. this was one of those time.

It does make you wonder how they filmed it and also how they recorded the sound. They capture a wasps beating wings and ants lifting and carrying in immensely high detail I do wonder how they didn't scare off the insects, they must of had a mighty zoom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117040/

No comments:

Post a Comment