Tuesday, 27 September 2011

A bit of graphic design... hrrm.



Right I put together a PDF on InDesign to send off to TestSpace as a proposal for Active Arts.

This is them... I'm not sure if they're good or not but I tried to follow the rule of between 5 and 9 words to a line of text, using complimentary fonts, and following a grid format to create lines in the space.

I used Optima for the headers and Palantino Linotype for the main body as these are from the same family of font and the same designer, a tip I picked up on a graphic design website. I'm not particularly keen on them but they do compliment each other well and it was an interesting experiment seeing the different from the ones I was trying out.

I'd like to try find a font for headers that compliments Century Gothic as I like it and I find it a good alternative to Helvetica seeing as I dont have Helvetica on my computer.

That might sound moronic to a serious font head... but uhh.. I like it. So stick that in yer type set.

No comments:

Post a Comment