Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Statement of Intent - Year 2

This year I hope to develop my skills as an 'illustrator.' I say that in brackets because I'm really not sure whether thats what I'm doing... my intent with it is more narrative. I want to use it to make comic books or art for computer games. So digitalising it is definitely a skill I need to improve on. Illustrator and Photoshop will be key for this.
All that is for my own personal practice though, and a as a professional I want to be a community artist. In order to achieve this I need to be making more contacts, networking and persueing work. I also need to be creating my own work as Ive seen done with successful artists.
Active Arts this year will be key in progressing in community arts, as will my work with Blaize community arts and possibly with Adrian Sinclaire who I spoke to last year in regards to doing some work this year.
By the end of this year I want to comfortable in knowing that I can deal with the beurocratic aspect of being a public arts worker and knowing that I can manage my time effectively and make educated decisions when it comes to legal aspects of such public projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment