So I got asked to a DJ set for Dirtbox's 5th November gig at Smallworld in Keighley which is cool.
They are a collective who built a soundsystem, hire it out and put on their own events in Bradford, Sheffield, Liverpool and wherever folk will have them.
I'm pretty happy about this becuase I get a chance to DJ for people who aren't just a group of mates, this is slightly more serious than that... but not much. I'm happy anyway.
Previously I was recording tracks from free streaming networks such as Spotify and Grooveshark but Ive gone to the effort of signing up to Beatport and buying the tracks I want in the interest of making sure they are of decent sound quality.
Edit:
Ive found that beatport is expensive and annoying. You can get a lot of the stuff it sells free and of equal sound quality from other sources. Also, amazon sells the same tunes at half the price.
No comments:
Post a Comment