Friday, 24 September 2010

Starting something new.

Ive never had a blog before. I've never kept a diary either.

This is becuase I've never assumed that people would be interested in the words in my head and Ive never thought they were that relevant either.

I know some poeple like the images I think about. Unfortunately though I dont have a scanner so words will have to make do until I do have a scanner or the oppertunity to sit in the computer lab and upload it all.

So here we go.



Last night I was going to attend something at the wire but on getting there at about midnight we found a crew of people who'd been waiting outside for an hour or so and hadn't moved. Was a little bit gutted as some dutch minimal tech DJ's were playing and I like that stuff.

Anyhow, in a nutshell we ended up at some cracking little bars that seemed relevant to our Fanzine.

The first was the Sela Bar near Gatecrasher. Its a beautifully decorated cellar with red lighting and a great selection of lagers, ales and cocktails. I spent an hour there nursing a cocktail called a "cherry bakewell."

Cherry Bakewell

Amaretto
Cherry Liquer
Lime
Splash of Lemonade
Ice

Shaken


Were reet nice. :)

Sela Bar hosts a jazz night every wednesday that seems worth a go while the money lasts. While the prices are upmarket, it seemed like there was a really down to earth crowd there.

Be warned, theres a hidden step just as you enter or leave and we saw two people fall flat at the bottom of the stairs on the way out and one bloke who seemed like he might have substituted necessary coordination for intoxication spend ten minutes trying to navigate the stairs.

Proper good laugh in all.

After that we moved a couple of doors down to the North Bar which was fucking expensive with its cheapest pint being Lindeboom at 3.85.

Ross made the mistake of ordering some obscure can of belgian lager and watching it be poured before realising it came in at 7.50.
Again we spent an hour nursing our selected booze.

The North Bar hosts exhibitions for local artists and there were some lovely mixed media canvasses on the wall. It also sells food.

The best bit really was a conversation with the lass behind the bar who told us to seek our the best coffee in leeds down in a place named "The Calls," somewhere around the corn exchange. She couldnt remember the name though, so armed with these directions written on a beer mat (i'll scan it in later) were going to go coffee hunting. Perhaps tomorow, I'll update the blog when we find it.

Love to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment