Tim Burton

The moonman is a character I draw all the time everywhere and it bothers me that he looks a bit like Jack the Pumpkin King. But the truth is that is probably who I was drawing when I started to draw the moon man.
The Moonman means so much to me though, he is an extension of myself and reflects a part of something I Identify strongly with. I'm not sure why.
I think its something to do with how his face is totally covered, he's relentlessly hopeful and optimisitic and he has and ability to transcend space and time.
Number 5.
Johnen Vasquez

Jonny The Homicidal Maniac was a favourite comic book of mine for a while. Its dark, humourous, self mocking and philosophical. Its vaquely Jungian in its approach to psychology. (bear with my I'm on strong painkillers and i'm doing my best..)
Way below Jonnies house in his deepest cellar is where his darkest secret lives, a secret that if released could destroy space and time and we know it. He keeps this secret locked behind a wall that he strengthens by painting and dampening it with the blood of his dead victims. The blood that his shadow who creeps around at night collects for him.
I love it.
Vasquez's drawings and paintings moved me too. His ink drawings are wild, violent and anarchic.
He can also draw technically quite well.
I'm going to have to take a break now becuase the tramadol is kicking in and my keyboard feels like a fish.
peace ya'll
No comments:
Post a Comment