Number 10. Finding New Music
Finding new music often makes me feel expressive. If it really takes me I can draw to it like I can dance to it. Or if its music that I cant dance to I can sit and draw and make stupid faces to myself and feel moody and pictures often work better.
I like how music puts you in different states of mood and mind. I think this is really important for expressive drawing.
Grooveshark
Try the link above for finding new stuff, or if you already use Spotify you probably wont need too. Its very similar. But if you cant get a Spotify account, use Grooveshark as its free, you don't even have to sign up but its useful to sign up because then you can save playlist's and a library of music you love. You can also upload your own music to Grooveshark, a feature spotify doesn't have.
Soundcloud
Soundcloud is especially good for independant artists and producers and Djs I reckon. I got linked to loads of good new mixes and things on this. Heres some that you might like, I think this is the only way to do this section because it's literally a medium of art that fuels my own art.
I dont mean to sound wanky. Its just how it is. Reet do.
Sian Sofia
Acoustic female singer / songwriter from Manchester. "Whatever happened to the King of the World" is a great song.
Wrexile
Wrexile is primarily Dubbystep but he has his own style.. I've followed him for a good couple of years becuase I like him.
Get Yer Head In The Bass Bin Mix - The John Smith Collective
This mix is by one of the DJ's involved with the John Smith collective.They do things like rally up a troup of reprobates, set up a guerilla soundsystem in a quarry, decorate the place up to fuck, make a lot of noise and then flee with all the gear the next day before the police can tell them off. Bahahahahaha.
I hope number ten has been helpful.. All this stuff inspires me.
The John Smith Collective deserves their own section.
No comments:
Post a Comment