Hayao Mayazaki - Studio Ghibli

When I first saw a studio Ghibli film (Spirited Away) it opened up a whole new world of mythology to me. I realised this was probably the japanese way of making feature length childrens films like Disney.
This got me onto researching mythology from china, russia, japan, europe, all over really, i just read as much as i could about mythology. I looked for comparisons and contrasts between the different stories and why they were told when they were. Most childrens stories in England I always thought were told with a moral and for a reason.
I have seen most of the studio Ghibli films and they are all beautifully animated. I dont know how much to say about them but they do inspire me to put loads more detail into my drawings, loads more tiny characters with their own little narratives.
No comments:
Post a Comment